Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jeepers, Creepers!


Kensley has always had uh-MAZ-ing eyes. From the moment she was born, they peered back at everyone in milky blue perfection. Alex nicknamed her Fishy-eyes the day they met, and her father worried about the fact that I'd let him bring a little tree frog in to play with a few days earlier. He thougth it had 'marked' the baby, and she was destined to look like an amphibian. This kid had some remarkably large peepers, set into a teeny little face; a few months later, she grew the most lovely dark, long, brown lashes to frame them.

I've always taken such great delight in her sparkling, beautiful eyes. Having everyone make the most wonderful compliments to her made it difficult to remain humble. I had been the manufacturer, after all. Then...it happened.

She perfected 'the eyeroll'.

Now, anytime I look at her sweet face, I stand the chance of seeing them roll skyward. These beautiful eyes, the ones anyone could get lost in, have turned into the ultimate mom-weapon. My deep, relaxing breathing has improved significantly since she learned her new trick, and I go to my happy place so often, I bought my own condo there. It's pink....

No comments: