Thursday, March 10, 2011

In other news...


From the *AWKWARD* department ~

My son informed me that he was giving up soda for Lent ~ Alex, not Caden. Because his friends think it's funny to follow me on Twitter, I follow them as well. As a result, I know that soda is *not* what they are giving up for Lent. I also know that I won't have to worry about interrupting anything when I go into his bedroom at night to be sure he is A) breathing, B) covered up from the drafts and C) hasn't jumped from the balcony to TP the middle school. Awkward doesn't even begin to cover it.

Said son turns 16 this month. The mixed emotions of less drop-em-off-pick-em-up time (kind of a wooohooo feeling), and sheer terror of letting this maniac of a boy behind the wheel of a car are something I have to come to terms with in the next 6 months. I will probably be back on Facebook by then, and will warn you of when to stay off of the sidewalks.

All in all, Alex is becoming quite the fine young canibal..err..I mean man. His dedication to crew, his ability to use his frontal lobe from time to time and his passionate, caring heart beating under it all are just a few of my favorite things, just a few of the things that make me smile, squeeze his shoulder, and give thanks to God for allowing me to be his mama.

No comments: