Saturday, April 16, 2011

Just Some Stuff That Made Me Smile This Week.


  • A pooptext (received, not sent)

  • Lunch on the front porch of the Buckley house with my handsome husband

  • Lunch inside the Buckley house with my sweet friend, Holly

  • Discussing the story of David with my same sweet friend. You think YOUR family is dysfunctional? Check out David's story in 2nd Samuel. Still, he was a man after God's own heart. It gives me hope that my crazy efforts at serving Him are good, and thankful that His grace covers me when they go awry.

  • Buying ice cream for everyone who forgot their money in Mrs. Haught's kindergarten class.

  • Realizing how fortunate I am that even my big kids still like for me to 'tuck them in'.

  • Driving with Alex, and realizing that I didn't have to remind or correct anything he was doing.

  • Walking Kensley to dance class, and watching her eat a drippy ice cream cone on the way.

  • The gift of a chest freezer from a friend who didn't want it any more. We were planning to buy one, but free is so awesome!

  • Sun! Sun! Sun! a few rainshowers in the mix, but still, a lot of SUN!!

  • Watching Caden ride his bike ~ he's so much stronger and better at it than last year!

  • Seas of purple violets, with occasional dandelion islands.

  • Bidding on and winning the most perfect of perfect potluck pots at an auction

  • Walking Kensley to school, picking Holly and Andre up on our way. Kensley, sweet girl that she is, doesn't complain that she has two moms walking her to school

  • The anticipation of a birth any day.

  • Feeling God's message to my heart..and sharing it. Hope I remember to share it on Facebook tomorrow ~ it's good !

  • Dinner and a movie with two of my favorite men. Rio rocked. I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

NatureMama said...

This post made me smile, just thinking of all you have to smile about!