Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day one, not so bad.

Today, my children had a two hour delay, so I stayed in bed longer than usual. I always like a good morning to sleep in, but there was also an alterior motive. Facebook is usually my ten minute wake up call, my chance to get both eyes open and some caffeinated Vitamin Water in and running before I have to kick it into high gear. This morning, I stayed in bed until the last possible moment, avoiding the siren's call to log in.

Then, there's the problem of the smart phone. My ancient Droid has the Facebook app, and, at least 10 times today, I hit the damn F icon. Good grief, is the addiction that strong? Not many people think I'll be able to make it the entire Lenten season. They may be right. But, for today, I've kept my resolution. I didn't really have time to do anything significant with my usual time I would dedicate to 'checking Facebook', but surely that will come after several days.

I miss it. Immensely.