Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Cleaning People are coming ~ The Cleaning People are coming!

Hiring professionals to do the job that really just irks me ~ cleaning the house ~ really is a blessing. We do not have fancy cars, and our house is a rumbly, tumbly victorian, 103 years old, in need of a paint job and a garage door. Caviar, family jaunts to Europe, and purses that cost more than $20 are out of the question under the Bourdon-Lowther family management. If it's not on clearance sale, or at least qualifies for a coupon discount, it is not purchased. But, cleaning people are about as essential as bread and socks, in my humble opinion. Knowing they are coming every couple of weeks gives us a chance to run around like crazy people, organizing, picking up and de-cluttering. We would probably drown in our own filth if it weren't for these special days.

I am such a believer, I've become a sales associate for Precision Cleaning. As usual, I don't do anything *just* for the money, although, I enjoy money, and take it any time someone wants to give it to me (usually to just give it away to a kid who needs lunch money or new guitar strings). Truly, this is a mission to free the masses from the domestic drudgery that plagues our society. Yes, I have several missions in life, including childbirth choices for all, and freeing the world of rude, mean kids. Don't worry. I have enough passion to spread it around a little.

What are YOU doing this evening? Dusting the blinds? Scrubbing the floors? Cleaning the TOILET?! Seriously? Time is money, folks, especially when you have children. Some people beleive you cannot buy time. That is not true; not at all. By paying professionals to do it, and do it right, you've bought yourself precious hours to take a walk, put together a puzzle, and/or bond over a game of Scrabble ~ or go to bed pissed because you lost. Either way, your day didn't include pulling the microwave out to clean all the stuff that has accumlated behind it.

You should free yourself. Call me. I'll give you the 4-1-1!

No comments: